Sunday, April 3, 2011

What I Have Noticed

If you ever follow the trithlon forum on www.slowtwitch.com, they do a great writeup every few weeks called "What We Have Noticed." The article is basically a post of the latest gimicks and gadgets that have come out in the multisport world - often spilling out of the world of triathlon and simply just a product that they label as cool.

So, I've noticed a couple cool products lately so I thought I'd do my own quick "What I Have Noticed."

Here we go.....

Larabars. These things are awesome. A great treat in a pinch. Here's the list of ingredients in the Cashew Cookie flavor: Cashews, Dates. That's IT! I'm all about eating super healthy this IM go-round and these things are a new favorite snack of mine.


Next are these little Crystal Light powders you throw in your water bottle to make an instant zero calorie fruity drink. We all know we're supposed to drink water throughout the day, but sometimes I find I just am not excited to guzzle water. These little things are great for throwing in your water bottle and turning your water into a tasty drink you can gulp down and make some headway in your daily hydration plan. As Jillian Michaels suggests, "No calories from drinks." Which I fully agree with. Those calories are all empty. Get your calories from solids and enjoy the feeling of a satisfied stomach for awhile rather than picking up that soda.

This next one I discovered through the good folks at TriFitness. Fitness Coffee! It ain't cheap, and whether or not the green tea, ginseng and other ingredients are doing you any good I dunno, but you can drink this without feeling too guilty of your coffee fetish and it really tastes awesome too! They also have some sort of sex coffee that supposedly gets you all horned up too!

Finally, the good folks at the Salvation Army are doing what they can for the relief effort over in Japan. You can too, by ordering they're wicked cool shirt below, to which all proceeds go to the relief effort in Japan. It says "Salvation Army" in Japanese if you haven't guessed. To order just go to http://www.merchline.com/thesalvationarmy/categorydisplay.4972.c.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment