Thursday, November 24, 2011

Da Richter Kid Back in Da House!

Hello and happy Thanksgiving, faithful followers!  (sound of crickets chirping........)

Well, anyway, I'm back after a long hiatus! Thanks for checking in.  Waddya think of the new look?  It took forever, so I hope you like it.

I hope to put some time into some regular posts again, now that the off-season is upon us.  I kinda gotta get over this marathon hump that's in the next couple weeks, but I look forward to posting about new techniques in achieving peak fitness, the occasional scientific application to training, and of course, epic days in a triathlete's addiction to multisport!

In the next 12 months I have some exciting races ahead of me.  One of the biggest and most eagerly anticipated for me is the St Croix 70.3 (Half Ironman) in May.  As some of you may know, I tackled this race in 2007 as my first Half Ironman and it was an extremely humbling experience.  I hope to show up with a few more bullets in my pistol and my machete a bit sharper than that brutal day of torture, tears, and cramps.

Then, in November, I'll be heading to Ironman Florida for the first time.  This will be my first crack at covering 140.6 miles in completely flat terrain.  I can't wait to see what I can do tucked in aero on the bike for 112 miles rather than the undulating terrain of Coeur d'Alene and Louisville - the only courses I'm familiar with on the Ironman circuit.

So, I appreciate your interest but question your use of your time......as this cat ain't nuttin to purr at!  But I'll give 'er a go and do my best to entertain and enlighten as long as you are willing to read!  Stay tuned for my next post as I apply a little old school naval architecture to explain mathematically why swimming "tall" equals swimming FAST!

Have a great Turkey Day!  We have LOTS to be thankful for!







No comments:

Post a Comment