Saturday, June 8, 2013

For Those That Follow.....@richterkid's Journey to Kona



This is not the start of my training for Ironman Hawaii, though it may as well be.  With 4 weeks to go before I begin stepping things up to get ready for the big day, today's easy bike ride was followed up by a run in some pretty good heat and humidity that left me thinking to myself, "This is it.  This is what it's gonna feel like for the next 4 months."  And I can't wait.

As I work my way into this training block for Kona, I intend to let it all air out there for you to see.  This is gonna be an inside look into my journey to the start line.  Most of you won't care, but for the small handful that do I plan to post every trick.  No secrets will be kept, just straight up what it's taking me to get ready.  I'll post updates here of a more wordy nature, but follow me on Instagram at @richterkid to get the nitty gritty and most up-to-date scoop.  I'll likely copy the posts to Facebook and Twitter but some posts may not get spread that far. 

Also, Angie's on Instagram now too, and will be posting her side of the story from time to time.  Follow her at @arichter70.  She's taking to Insta a lot better than Facebook, so come race day this will be a better mode to follow the action if you're looking for it.

At any rate, and before this journey even gets underway, thanks to all of you for your support and for making me understand that, on occasion, this stuff actually means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment