Friday, July 12, 2013

Kona Training Day 5: Freedom Friday

Wow, my blog ticked over 10,000 all-time views today?! Thanks everybody! Short post today......

Freedom Friday……cuz today is my off day! No need to do any training. But, I usually can’t help myself and end up going for a swim anyway. Today, old habits haven’t died, and I went ahead and swam 2000 yards with a series of 100’s as the main set, with some paddle work for shits and giggles.

I can always take a rest day some other time….!!! Really, I take my rest time pretty seriously (in bed by 9 , which gives me 9.5 hrs of sleep per night) but I like to evaluate the need for a scheduled rest day based off of how my body feels it’s adjusted to the week’s training…..and I was either ready for more today or beating myself up over being a slacker yesterday. Plus, if I don’t get over 10,000 yards/week in the pool the webbing between my toes starts to recede…..

Total training hours today: 0.66

Friday nights I allow a more carb rich meal since weekend efforts are a whole lot longer and require a bit more in the tank. Also, I love to cook, so tonight I whipped up some turkey sausage pesto pasta! Awwww, yeah!


Stay tuned for tomorrow……Insanity on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment